Sunday, March 22, 2020

I'm so tired. I just deleted my Facebook account, my Twitter account, my Nextdoor account, my FetLife account, and my OKCupid account. People fucking suck. You all fucking suck. I get out there and I try to be supportive, and I get nothing. I get out there and make comments, and I'm either treated like I'm a fucking nobody or like I'm the enemy. Yes, I'm sorry, I'm a middle aged white guy, I didn't fucking ask to be born in 1967 to white parents. My bad. Mom was a damned librarian and taught me how to think, and I realized early on that someone wasn't evil because they had dark skin and their name was Lopez. Whatever, doesn't matter. Was that person a dick? Yes, then they were a dick, don't like them. No? Fine, maybe I can be friends with them, if, you know, friendship happened. Can't force it, that's not how friends work.

But now, I mention something, I'm apparently not politically correct enough, and I'm the enemy, because, you know, I didn't know what it was like growing up black, or Hispanic, or female. You know what? No, I didn't know what that was like, but I try to treat everyone like I would like to be treated, that's how I was raised by my mom. And you know what, some of you "open-minded" people are fucking dicks.

No comments: