Joe's New Blog

Nothing special, this is just my third effort at writing a blog about my life and what goes on in it: Hobbies, cooking, work, maybe the occasional book or DVD review, and so forth. Nothing really noteworthy, but this is sort of a little subset of my world...

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Day One: Project 365

Today is sort of day one of a new adventure for me.  For the past six years nearly, I've been writing on a website called 750words.com.  It's a nice little site for writers, or just for anyone who feels like they need to get words out of their head and onto paper.  Based on the concept of morning pages from the book "The Artist's Way," the general idea is to just write whatever comes to mind for 20 minutes, half an hour, however long it takes, but to write three pages, which amounts to about 750 words, hence the name of the website.  The site makes it fun by having little badges for keeping a writing streak alive for a number of days, or for writing certain numbers of words, not being distracted, writing quickly, things of that sort.  And they recently added a badge for writing your 750 words for a thousand days in a row, almost three years, and I obtained that badge about two and a half weeks ago.  And yesterday, after having written 750 words per day, at least, for 1018 straight days, I forgot to finish my words before I drove down to Dallas to a hockey game.  So now I get to start a new streak, but I also thought to myself, you know, this is sort of also a good time to start thinking about the other things that I want to get done in my life, the other places I want things to go, and get those on an uphill climb and moving along, too.

I think to myself about what I should do.  I've always had that sort of running joke that I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, but I'm 48 years old now, I've only got so much time left, and I seriously don't have any idea at all what I should do from here on out.  I feel like I'm just drifting along, I'm never really all that happy with things, but I don't know what I should do to fix what's wrong.  Maybe if I can finish some things and just feel like I'm not always playing catch-up, that will help some.  That's what I'm going to try to do, at least.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home