Joe's New Blog

Nothing special, this is just my third effort at writing a blog about my life and what goes on in it: Hobbies, cooking, work, maybe the occasional book or DVD review, and so forth. Nothing really noteworthy, but this is sort of a little subset of my world...

Friday, February 13, 2015

What's the password?

So after bringing home my new laptop on Saturday, doing all the registration and such, my first order of business was to download Firefox.  I do use Internet Explorer on my work computer, since I have no choice, and I don't mind it all that much in limited use.  But, because I've used Firefox on all of my home computers and some of my work computers for the past decade or so, I'm much more familiar with a lot of its bells and whistles, where it stores the options and the various key commands that will get me where I want quickly.

I'm also giving some serious thought to setting up the sync service on Firefox, because I think it would help me the next time my computer crashes with what is probably the worst problem I'm having right now:  Remembering all of the user names and passwords for all of the various sites that I have frequented in the past.  All of the bookmarks are gone, too, but that again is one of those things that I'll just try to start over.  Bookmark the things that I discover now, or hopefully just read them, comment on the stories or articles, try to learn from the site and not just bookmark it and let it languish in the history.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home