Joe's New Blog

Nothing special, this is just my third effort at writing a blog about my life and what goes on in it: Hobbies, cooking, work, maybe the occasional book or DVD review, and so forth. Nothing really noteworthy, but this is sort of a little subset of my world...

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Year 48, day 1

So today is my birthday, and also Thanksgiving.  Going to start this 48th year of my life off with a bang, I told myself.  And, you know, it hasn't been the most awful day I've had, but it wasn't nearly as productive as I would have liked.  We had Thanksgiving with Miss S's family down in Bedford.  I showered, shaved, made sure I put lotion on my legs, drank my full liter of water for the day.  I also did take Ernie out for a walk before we headed down the highway for the day.  And, as a slight bit of help around the house, I did empty the dishwasher.

But overall, the day was not what I would have liked.  I didn't pick up a musical instrument all day.  I took the molding kit for the skeleton out of the box, but didn't use it.  And now, my day is running toward its end.  Am I better off today, at the end of the day, than I was yesterday?  I don't know.  Maybe just a bit.  Not a successful first day, but not a total failure, either...

The balance on my credit card, starting this new year, is $6676.16.  Goal for the end of the year is to get that down to $4500.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home